“The EEON initiative is not merely important, it is crucial. We all need to support it.”
– Margaret Atwood
“A great idea and long overdue. I hope it inspires every province. My Foundation’s new slogan is ‘Sustainability Within a Generation’ and eco-literacy is a critical part of it”
– David Suzuki, David Suzuki Foundation
“Our global environment is in crisis, and few of us know how our day-to-day actions – as consumer, producers, employeees, and citizens – make things better or worse. Few of us know what we can do to help. This extraordinarily comprehensive, thoughtful and ambitious blueprint for environmental education gives us the tools to change that situation. It could – and should – improve the life of every person in Ontario.”
– Thomas Homer-Dixon, Author The Upside of Down: Catastrophe, Creativity and the Renewal of Civilization; Director, The Trudeau Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Toronto
“…an important step towards improving the ecological literacy of Ontario citizens – an essential factor in promoting health-sustaining environments for all.”
– Ontario College of Family Physicians, Environmental Health Committee
…a catalyst for positive change. Its vision of environmental literacy for all citizens can create a sound economy and true prosperity for all. Sustainability makes good business sense.
– Rahumathulla Marrikar, Interface Flooring Systems
“In affirming the need to ‘live in respect in Creation,’ Greening the Way Ontario Learns can be an important encouragement for broader and deeper engagement for us and other faith communities.
– David G. Hallman, United Church of Canada, Programme Officer for Energy and Environment
“Greening the Way Ontario Learns is breath-taking in its scope. It offers roadmaps to environmental awareness for a long list of social and occupational groups. One yellow brick road for each group. At the end of all roads, a vision of harmony – socially, economically, environmentally. It’s practical. It’s exciting. I can be done.”
– Cameron Smith, Toronto Star, Environmental Columnist
“We strongly agree with Greening the Way Ontario Learns as it emphasizes the necessity of environmental learning to enhance everyone’s contribution to a helathy, sustainable environment.
– The Environmental Health Clinic, Women’s College Ambulatory Care Centre, Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Sciences Centre
“Greening the Way Ontario Learns will help this government to get environmental education back on its feet.
– Edmund O’Sullivan, Director, Transformative Learning Centre, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE)